Valentines

Thursday, September 23, 2010

45 Bags Of Popcorn!

Ok, I know I'm going backwards again, but this was one of my Shining-Happy to be a Parent moments (You'll understand at the end of the post), so I had to document it.
Every year for the last 4 years, we have a Back To School Outdoor Movie Party! The kids each get to invite their friends, and it is so much fun! This year we ended up with 45 Kids in our backyard which was a little chaotic (we might have to down size next year), but everyone had a great time!

45 bags of popcorn @ 1.5 min. each = 1hour & 8 Min.
Popcorn prep time
After 2 weeks of discussing (and fighting) over which movie to show.
Jarett & Jordyn finally decided on Fury Vengence. It was a hit!

Jordyn wanted a popcorn station like they have at the movie theaters (not ours of course), so we bought 8 different pour on flavors for the kids to create their own popcorn. Surprisingly the favorite was Jalapeno!

Waiting for everyone to show up.

Ok, heres my proud moment! The next day, Jordyn brought me breakfast in bed. She said that I was the Best Mom Ever! Whoohoo! It's great when you can see that your efforts are appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...you ARE the greatest mom in the world, I don't think I could ever invite 45 kids over to my house! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad you made them stay outside. Sometimes it feels like you have that many kids INSIDE your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you broke down the popcorn popping time, who knew that would take so long?! HA!

    of course you're a good mom, your kids are fantastic! btw, it's me Markelle. I am blog stalking you:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Keith and I got married 10 years ago in the Manti Temple. We moved to Moab and have been blessed with 3 beautiful children. Jarett is 9, Jordyn is 8, and Jace is 3.